Roy Hodgson’s tenure at Liverpool is shaken and stirred and one that looks certain to be grounded anytime soon.
His tenure at Liverpool started badly and continued to get worse, some of the problems can be related to the squad he was left, but the squad isn't as bad as the performances under Hodgson and the ability so far to avoid any criticism from places like Sky is whitewashing even Karl Rove would be proud of.
I've listed 13 players who I would sell some will probably stay around such as Cole and some like Torres may have a future if they and the new manager gel. But for at least 10 or so at Liverpool FC should be see it as a short term payroll opportunity and not a long term stay.
The question I ask is: can the player do something for the teams that we wish to compete with so this is how I've reviewed it. Torres can but seriously I believe the lad looks past his best (I don't doubt under a good manager and with good players around him he may get back to his best but he won't at Liverpool under Hodgson).
* 1. Jones - Sell. - Useless and the most puzzling buy bar Poulsen that Hodgson has made, at least we needed Konchesky.
* 2. Johnson - Keep - I'd keep him but look at his strengths and use him on the wing like Bale does, it may hurt his England career but the guy needs to do what’s best for us.
* 3. Konchesky - Sell - Not good enough, he did look good in the Fa Cup final 6 years ago but is not the quality we need and isn't young enough to improve.
* 4. Meireles - Keep - The only good buy of Roy's, a player that Rafa Beneitz would have benefitted from if he had made that signing.
* 5. Agger - Keep - I'd keep, he's our best defender even though injuries are a liability, I think like Johnson he is a player we can keep plus his age works for him at 26 his career could still shine, you look at whose interested (rumour or none) and you realise how good he could be.
* 6. Aurelio - Sell - Stopgap for a season but we now have new owners and a future to build, Aurelio has been a good servant but sadly he is too old and too injured.
* 8. Gerrard - Keep - BUT look to build a team with him in not around him, something Rafa should have done when he came in. Gerrard has improved over the last 5 years and is still quality and the team needs some experience, Gary McAllister proved that.
* 9. Torres - Sell - The player can do it but mentioned in my description I just don't believe he will do it at Liverpool, only sell him with a plan in place mind.
* 10. J Cole - Sell - Waste of money and the biggest regret of this season, I was over the moon when he signed but it's all gone sour, Joe Cole is earning too much and playing too poorly, but could we get rid, probably not so he is one who the new manager may have to deal with.
* 12. Pacheco - Keep - One of my favourite youngsters, I was gutted when people were talking about him being sold.
* 14. Jovanovic - Sell - What was the point in bringing in Kuyt Mk 2?
* 16. Kyrgiakos - Sell - Good Servant for the last year but he was a stop gap fill in who has suddenly become a blockade to players like Kelly and Wilson who seriously couldn't do much worse.
* 17. Maxi - Sell - Too old, someone is sure to sign him but he is one player who I would leave till the end to sell because I believe he's had a good season.
* 18. Kuyt - Sell - Kuyt's not the player he was, a brilliant servant to the club but like many he's now just a journeyman, his performances for the Dutch national team should appeal to a decent Italian club.
* 19. Babel - Sell - The one player who could seriously be amazing but has showed only glimpses if Birmingham come in for him again 5-10 million then that should be signed and sealed.
* 21. Lucas - Keep - He's improving and he's still young he's come from a really crap position to actually influence. He's not amazing and maybe if his improvement does not continue then someone to clear in the future but not at this moment.
* 22. D Wilson - Keep - My main annoyance with Roy (Bar the abject performance and lack of the ability to change tactics) is this guy, Wilson should be on the bench, scrap that looking at Skertel and Soto, Wilson should be in the team. I think trying to find a picture of Wilson in a Liverpool kit says it all.
* 23. Carragher - Keep - Let him stay as a squad player but bring on his coaching skills, make him coach/player and let him influence Kelly and Wilson.
* 24. Ngog - Keep - Still unsure but hasn't improved to his potential. give him a run with the new manager if he's still not up to much sell.
* 25. Reina - Keep - We should sign this guy up to a 10 year contract, he is stability in a side full of change and a player you can't criticise this season even though he's looked less assured.
* 26. Spearing - Sell - Not Good enough
* 28. Poulsen - Sell - Seriously rubbish, not up to the Italian league so why Hogdson thought he could do it in a more demanding league especially in midfield.
* 33. Shelvey - Keep - Another promising youngster and someone who already looks like he could play in our team.
* 34. Kelly - Keep - Fantastic young kid and the only bright spark of the season
* 37. Skrtel - Sell - Get rid his only talent is the ability to avoid giving away penalties even when it looks cast iron.
I've left out the reserves but most of them such as Amoo should be kept and given a chance. The future is bright but it isn't with Hodgson and it isn't with these players.